Paris Motor Show Update: 4 New Introductions from Europe
Citroen: Compact C3-XR Compact SUV Key to Extending Robust Chinese Market Sales
CITROËN further accelerates its policy of developing sales in overseas markets and consolidates its status as global brand. In recent months, this internationalisation has taken on a new dimension with sales worldwide up 7% in the first half of 2014, above the growth in the market (+4%).
At the heart of this sales offensive is China, now represents the biggest market for CITROËN with more than one in four of the brand’s sales. There as well, CITROËN is progressing faster than the market with sales up 19% to the end of August 2014, compared to 12% for the market. This growth is supported by a rapidly expanding network of 470 dealers, which came first in the JD Power 2014 survey on service quality. It is also the success of the products, such as C-Elysée and C4 L, demonstrating that CITROËN has been able to win recognition by providing responses that are concrete, tailored and modern, meeting the expectations of these new customers.
It is on these solid foundations and to extend its cover of this market that CITROËN unveils today the C3-XR, its new model to be launched in China at the end of the year. This new offer embodies a resolutely modern approach to the SUV, based on CITROËN’s values: strong design, remarkable comfort inherited from CITROËN’s know-how, and technology choices aimed at the well-being of users. The vehicle is being presented at a symbolic location, C_42 on the Champs-Elysées, to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Franco-Chinese diplomatic relations and emphasise the French origins of this SUV.
Renault: A New Face for the Stalwart Espace Crossover
The Paris Motor Show 2014 sees Renault take the wraps off the new Espace. This large, elegant and innovative crossover, which combines a strong design and seductive appeal, is based largely upon the concept car that was revealed a year ago at the Frankfurt Motor Show.
Like previous generations of the model in the course of its 30-year long career, a brightly-lit, comfortable and modular interior are the cornerstones of the new Espace which will also appeal thanks to fluid lines, as well as to its occupant-friendly cabin and floating centre console. Both the five- and seven-seat versions feature ingenious interior modularity and meticulous attention has been paid to detail with regard to the new car’s design and build.
Porsche: A New HYBRID Cayenne S
The latest version of the Cayenne will appear in a world premiere at the Paris Motor Show in October 2014. Porsche designers have made this newest version of the sporty SUV even sharper – with precise lines and carefully placed light refracting edges. Components that were entirely redesigned include the front end, front wings and bonnet. Along with the Cayenne S, Turbo, Diesel and S Diesel derivatives, customers can now purchase an S E-Hybrid for the first time.
When asked why the Cayenne has been so successful on a global scale, Bernhardt Meier, Board Member in charge of sales and marketing, said “It’s the first sports car in its sector, and it shows that character in every detail. In addition to ample space for five people, what it offers above all is the chance to experience typical Porsche driving dynamics. That is precisely what speaks to the hearts of our customers around the world. The sum of all its abilities is what enables the Cayenne to conquer entirely new terrain. And of course the car has the right pedigree. The brand is and will remain the number one reason why people decide to buy our cars.”
Volkswagen: 10 Facts about the New Passat GTE
If it’s 2015, and you see a Passat approaching you with a cool luminescent blue band across the top of the grille, you are watching a new Passat GTE hybrid. The new Passat, available as a saloon or estate (station wagon, for those in the US) is VW’s first Passat PHEV (plug-in hybrid vehicle, for those not hep to the green jive).
1. The Passat GTE is the first plug-in hybrid by Volkswagen offered both in saloon and estate versions.
2. The new Passat GTE is front wheel-driven and develops a maximum system output of 160 kW / 218 PS.
3. With a sufficient battery charge and up to a defined minimum outside temperature, the Passat GTE always starts in the all-electric “E-Mode”.
4. The Passat GTE can cover a distance of up to 50 kilometres in the electric “E-Mode” and thus with zero emissions.
5. The driving range with a full tank and fully charged battery is over 1,000 km. Paris-London-Paris without refuelling.
6. The standard fuel consumption in accordance with NEDC fuel consumption* is under 2.0 l/100 km (analogous to less than 45 g/km CO2).
7. The Passat GTE has a top speed in Hybrid mode of over 220 km/h; driven in all-electric “E-Mode”, 130 km/h.
8. Standard: LED headlights, “Composition Media” infotainment system, Front Assist and City Emergency Braking.
9. The Passat GTE will be available with the optional digital and interactive Active Info Display.
10. The design of the Passat GTE was customised. One of its identifying features is the C-shaped LED daytime running light.
Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2014 Hybrid and Electric Car News